Nainital is one of the most popular hill stations in the Kumaon region of Uttarakhand. It is a very famous travel destination in India. The town not only attracts domestic travellers but also foreign tourists. It is surrounded by beautiful Himalayan mountains and lakes.
Nainital is a paradise for nature lovers. The most beautiful aspect of Nainital is the hilly region and the Nainital Lake. “Naini Lake” offers an amazing experience to tourists and is also known as the Queen of Lakes.
For what Nainital Hill Station is famous for?
Nainital is famous for the “Naini Lake”, awesome views and pleasant weather. There are some other tourist places like Mall, which is presently known as Govind Ballabh Pant Marg. Nainital Zoo is also the best visiting point where you can see the rare species of Snow Leopard, Steppe Eagle, and the Himalayan Black bear. The Raj Bhawan’s Governor house is one of the few Raj Bhawans for public visits and viewing. Nainital’s latest attraction is Eco-Cave Garden, where children can learn about the ecosphere.
Activities to do in Nainital?
There are several types of activities you can do in Nainital like Boating, trekking, picnic spots, Shopping, Sightseeing, Ropeways and many more. Nainital is also the best destination for honeymoons for newly married couples. Tourists from all around India and from other countries come here.
Boating in Nainital: Naini Lake is the main attraction of Nainital and Boating is one of the most popular activities done by tourists and honeymoon couples. Yachting is another form of boating that is also gaining more attention and popularity in Nainital.
Trekking and Hiking: There are many hiking and trekking spots in and around Nainital where adventure lovers can hike and camp to explore the beauty of nature. Nainital – Betalghat, Nainital – Kilbury Trek, Nainital Kainchi and Snow view trek are some famous hiking trails in Nainital.
Shopping: There are some local markets in Nainital like Tibetan Market, Bara Bazaar and Mall Road market from where you can shop for handicrafts, artifacts, apparel and souvenirs. The markets of Nainital are known for keychains, scented candles, books and artificial jewelry.
Picnic spots & Ropeway: Nainital has an aerial ropeway that connects the town with the snow viewpoint which offers an amazing view of Naini lake as well as the surrounding places like a Tiffin Top, Snow view point and China Peak.
There are many more exciting places to visit in Nainital and it is like heaven, the blue lake and you are boating in the lake with your loved ones. Imagine how the best feeling will be. Every year hundreds of visitors from European countries, Gulf countries like – Dubai, Saudi Arabia, etc and other different parts and countries of the world visit Nainital every year.
Travel Tips Nainital
- Nainital is a perfect weekend getaway from New Delhi. You will reach Nainital within 6 to 8 hours from Delhi.
- There are some more beautiful places around Nainital like Haldwani, Bhowali, Snow view point Nainital, Ramnagar, Mukteshwar, Ghorakhal, Ramgarh, Betalghat, Sat-Taal and Bhimtal.
- During the peak season, there is a high rush of people, so it is better to book your rooms in advance. Otherwise, you can face problems with accommodation in Nainital.
- Temperature: 15 (Max) and 6 (Min)
- Location: Kumaon
- Stay (Recommended): 2 days (Min)
- Nearest Railway Station: Kathgodam(41 Km)
- Nearest Airport: Pantnagar (72 Km)
- Famous for: Hill Station, Naini Lake, Picnic Spots, Himalayan views
- Best times to visit Nainital: March, May, June, September, October, November, December